Seeking an independent, compassionate Licensed Vet Tech to join our team!
Why Ellicott Street Animal Hospital in Buffalo, New York?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, cold laser therapy, and EKG.
Ellicott Street was established in the 1880's and is the longest continuously operating vet clinic in Buffalo! As an AAHA accredited practice, we strive to provide your pets with the best veterinary care possible!
Our goal is to be a sustainable, community-oriented, small animal clinic helping pet owners care for their pets. We are committed to help in the revival of our surrounding neighborhood.
We’re here to help. It is important to us to educate pet owners on proper care and training, as well as to become a resource for people in the area.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. Surgery and anesthesia experience is preferred, but not required.
This position will split between two hospitals: Ellicott Street Animal Hospital and West Side Pet Clinic. The schedule is 4 days a week and occasional Saturdays when applicable. Hours will be either 7:15a-5:30pm or 8a-5:15p.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Pet benefits