Boarding and Kennel | Part-Time| Parkland, FL
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Parkland, FL
Seeking an independent, compassionate Pet Care Specialist to join our team!
Why Parkland Animal Clinic in Parkland, FL?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care.
Our team wants you to know...
"We are always working together to provide great care, but also to maintain a fun work environment. Our team gets along so well, which makes even the hardest of days a bit less stressful."
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who is interested in learning more skills in animal care services. If you would like to be trained to be a Veterinary Assistant, or even a Veterinary Technician, this position can be a beginning to that goal.
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, be a team player and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients.
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Walking dogs and picking up after them
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- Bathing animals as needed and before going home
- General housekeeping of animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Guardian voluntary benefits