Licensed Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Hartsdale, NY
Technicians | Hartsdale, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Hartsdale Veterinary Hospital in Hartsdale, NY?
We're a small AAHA accredited hospital that takes a personal approach to treating our patients. Our Hospital serves the communities of Hartsdale, Scarsdale, White Plains, Bronxville, and the surrounding towns in Wester County. We are also a member of the American Association of Feline Practitioners, an organization that furthers the quality of care provided to our feline patients.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
The pay rate for this position is $26-32/hr depending on experience.
The general schedule for this role would be Tuesdays, half day Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and possible rotating Saturday shifts
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits