Veterinary Customer Service Rep | Full-Time | Independence, MO
Reception | City, State
Seeking an independent, compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Crysler Animal Hospital in Independence, MO?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, and ultrasound. We also offer exotic care and veterinary behavior consulting.
Our team wants you to know...
“We all treat our patients with great compassion and enthusiasm. Our team works together well and we have the desire to care for our clients’ pets as if they were our own.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of receptionist experience, preferably in a veterinary or medical setting, professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $14/hr
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits