Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time | Henrietta, NY
Assistants | Henrietta, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Why Ark Veterinary Hospital & Urgent Care in Henrietta, NY?
Ark Animal Hospital and Urgent Care and has been serving the Henrietta community since March 2018. Located just outside of Rochester, they are equipped with: digital radiography and dental x-ray, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, Tono-pen, blood pressure and multifunction monitors, and upgraded surgery equipment. They offer a variety of services, including: urgent care, exotics, rescue medicine and more. You will be able to structure your hours and cases to best fit your professional interests and establish a healthy work/life balance. We have a beautiful facility with a wonderful variety of unique opportunities such as working with exotics - ferrets, pocket pets, hedgehogs, avian, reptiles, and amphibians!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
This is a full-time position with variable shifts. Nights and weekends are required, plus 2 holidays a year.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Why Henrietta? Whether you were born and raised in Rochester or are looking to put down roots in a beautiful area, Henrietta is a great place to live and work. We have a great restaurant scene and our local schools have great ratings, and we have several well-known festivals every year along with a great Broadway scene. Rochester feels like a small town with all the benefits of the city!