Veterinary Assistant | No Nights or Weekends | Bangor, ME
Assistants | Bangor, ME
Seeking an independent, compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
Why Broadway Veterinary Clinic in Bangor, ME?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital has digital radiography, in-house labs, endoscopy, laparoscopy, ultrasound and gas sterilizer. We also over MMP surgery.
Our team wants you to know...
"The majority of us have been at BVC at least 5+ years, so we are used to being a team. Without each other we could never make this work. We all are a key component. We really know how to come together inside and outside of work and it really shows. We are family."
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. We need someone with some experience, who is already comfortable handling animals. Previous Kennel experience will be considered. This position is Monday through Friday - no nights and no weekends!
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits