Veterinary Client Service Representative | Full-Time | Henrietta, NY
Reception | Henrietta, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Ark Veterinary Hospital & Urgent Care in Henrietta, NY?
Ark Animal Hospital and Urgent Care and has been serving the Henrietta community since March 2018. Located just outside of Rochester, they are equipped with: digital radiography and dental x-ray, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, Tono-pen, blood pressure and multifunction monitors, and upgraded surgery equipment. They offer a variety of services, including: urgent care, exotics, rescue medicine and more. You will be able to structure your hours and cases to best fit your professional interests and establish a healthy work/life balance. We have a beautiful facility with a wonderful variety of unique opportunities such as working with exotics - ferrets, pocket pets, hedgehogs, avian, reptiles, and amphibians!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Schedule: This position is Full-Time at approximately 38-40 hours a week. There will be weekend and evening hours required. The evening hours can be until 10pm. Rotating holidays are required. Up to 3 a year
Pay Rate:The pay range for this position is $15-18 per hour, depending on experience.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients. At least 1 year of experience working in the veterinary field required.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Why Henrietta? Whether you were born and raised in Rochester or are looking to put down roots in a beautiful area, Henrietta is a great place to live and work. We have a great restaurant scene and our local schools have great ratings, and we have several well-known festivals every year along with a great Broadway scene. Rochester feels like a small town with all the benefits of the city!