Veterinary Technician | Full Time | New Orleans, LA (lower Garden District)
Technicians | New Orleans, LA
The Cat Practice, located in the historic, Lower Garden District, is New Orleans’ best feline focused practice! Integrating both Western medicine and Traditional Chinese medicine, the team at The Cat Practice is able to offer a wide variety of medical and therapeutic modalities to it’s patients, including; digital radiography, ultrasound, digital dental radiography, laser therapy and radioactive iodine treatment. In addition to veterinary care, we also offer feline boarding in our Zen Kennel, which provides a relaxing atmosphere for cats in our care!
Our Commitment to Diversity: We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for? Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits