Associate Veterinarian | Canton, Illinois
Veterinary Doctors | Canton, Illinois
Seeking a compassionate & driven Associate Veterinarian to join our growing team of pet super-heroes!
Why Spoon River Animal Clinic in Canton, Illinois?
Spoon River is one of the few clinics in the area who primarily treats dogs and cats, as well as exotic pets, horses, cattle, swine, and small ruminants. Our veterinarians are highly experienced, certified in Fear Free practice and accredited through AAHA since 1995. We also have tenured support staff who have been a part of our legacy for decades. Working with both small and large animals, we’re focused on ensuring our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital x-ray, digital dental equipment, ultrasound, laser treatments, and more. We also offer exotic care, equine and large mammal care, and 24 hour emergency services.
Our team wants you to know...
“Our veterinary team has had the pleasure of treating multiple generations of pets and pet owners alike. Interacting with our clients is one of our favorite parts of the job, and we want everyone to feel comfortable enough to ask questions and collaborate."
"Our team is committed to each other and our community."
Who are we looking for?
Not only do you love animals, but you are enthusiastic about unique mentorship opportunities, rare cases, surgery and a collaborative environment. You are focused on providing excellent client communication and are committed to delivering the best possible care to the pets of our community.
- State Veterinary Board License must be in good standing for Illinois state, prior to start date.
- DVM, VMD or equivalent doctoral degree
- Flexible work schedule, with availability to work some weekends and holidays
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive base salary + production + employment bonuses
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- We’ll cover your dues, license fees, and AVMA PLIT
- Guardian voluntary benefits
We are proud to offer additional growth opportunities for Associate DVMs through our partnership with Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP). VPP has 71 veterinarian owners that co-own their individual practices across 63 locations. It is important to note that 30 of our partners never owned part of a veterinary clinic until VPP became a co-owner. VPP is uniquely aligned with our partner veterinarians to help them achieve their goals for their practice and their goals for their careers. VPP partnerships thrive through:
- Our complementary skill sets—VPP’s operational, marketing, and business acumen and our partners’ clinical and client expertise—to help our practices grow, while also affording our partners more time to follow their passion for medicine and service.
- Continued investment in its support team to drive growth, cost savings and enhanced benefits to its partner clinics. Our investment in marketing, analytics, operations and finance are deeper and more comprehensive than our competitors and essential in keeping our co-owners satisfied with our performance.
- A deep commitment to core values – most recently manifested in the creation of a VPP Assistance Fund, funded by employees to support employees and their families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.