Veterinarian | Morris, Illinois
Veterinary Doctors | Morris, Illinois
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinarian to join our team!
Why Lakewood Animal Hospital in Morris, IL?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital offers exotic animal care!
The best part of working here is...
"Our enthusiastic caring staff! I would like to continue to work with them to gain confidence and better educate our clients!"
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Not only do you love dogs and cats, but you are enthusiastic about surgery and have the basics (spay, neuter, dentistry, tumor removals, etc.) covered. You are focused on providing excellent client communication and are committed to delivering the best possible care to the animals of our community.
We are proud to offer additional growth opportunities for Associate DVMs through our partnership with Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP). VPP has veterinarian owners that co-own their individual practices across 90+ locations. It is important to note that many of our partners never owned part of a veterinary clinic until VPP became a co-owner. VPP is uniquely aligned with our partner veterinarians to help them achieve their goals for their practice and their goals for their careers. VPP partnerships thrive through:
- Our complementary skill sets—VPP’s operational, marketing, and business acumen and our partners’ clinical and client expertise—to help our practices grow, while also affording our partners more time to follow their passion for medicine and service.
- Continued investment in its support team to drive growth, cost savings and enhanced benefits to its partner clinics. Our investment in marketing, analytics, operations and finance are deeper and more comprehensive than our competitors and essential in keeping our co-owners satisfied with our performance.
- A deep commitment to core values – most recently manifested in the creation of a VPP Assistance Fund, funded by employees to support employees and their families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- State Veterinary Board License must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- DVM, VMD or equivalent Doctoral Veterinary degree
- Flexible work schedule, with availability to work some weekends and holidays
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive base salary + production
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- We’ll cover your dues, license fees, and AVMA PLIT
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
We’re proud to call this town “home.” Offering the small town charm of a Norman Rockwell painting, our downtown offers a variety of shopping, dining and recreational activities. With a variety of festivals and markets, we are a gathering place throughout the year.
Looking for a bit more hustle and bustle? Chicago is just a short day-trip away and has everything a big city can offer!