Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time | Brooklyn, NY
Assistants | Brooklyn, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, Northside Veterinary Clinic was founded in 1997 and still resides in the same location it started in! Northside is a full-service animal hospital that sees both emergency cases as well as pet patients in need of medical, surgical and dental care. Beyond our first-rate patient care, we make our hospital comfortable, kid-friendly and calm so pets can relax in the waiting room and look forward to meeting our veterinarians. We offer a wide variety of services here at Northside. In addition to routine medical, diagnostic, surgical and dental care, we also offer Chinese and Western herbal therapy, acupuncture, Shockwave Therapy, cranio-sacral therapy and cold laser therapy!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
• Take radiographs following proper safety procedures.
• Perform routine suture removals, nail trims, and weight checks.
• Promote the practice’s products, programs and services.
• Utilize passive marketing.
• Make suggestions to clients about products appropriate for their pet’s condition.
• Accurately dispense prescription medications as directed by veterinarian.
• Prepare prescription labels and appropriately package medications.
• Ensure that medications are added to the patient’s record and appropriately charged to the client.
• Follow DEA and OSHA guidelines
• Follow appropriate safety and handling of hazardous materials.
• Follow established hospital safety guidelines regarding radiographs, controlled drugs, animal handling, etc.
• Clean and straighten exam rooms, treatment and lab areas. Restock exam rooms with supplies as needed.
• Assist other team members to keep the public areas of the practice clean and well maintained.
• Clean and maintain all medical equipment as required.
• Demonstrate initiative and teamwork in everyday duties, assisting other team members within the practice.
• Organize work area and exercise time management skills to maximize personal efficiency within the practice.
• Prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
• Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits