Kennel Attendant | Full-Time| Pompano Beach, FL
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Pompano Beach, FL
Seeking an independent, compassionate Kennel Assistant to join our team!
Why Acacia Animal Hospital in Pompano Beach, FL?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, ultrasound, echocardiogram, and more.
Acacia Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary medical facility with over 45 years of experience. The professional and courteous staff at Acacia Animal Hospital strives to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for our highly-valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care and health-related educational opportunities for our clients.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, be a team player and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients.
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Walking dogs and picking up after them
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- Bathing animals as needed and before going home
- General housekeeping of animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate? Pompano Beach is a family-friendly city with a safe, beautiful beach, and is home to Fern Forest Nature Park - an awe-inspiring reserve with an abundant array of wildlife. We get 240 sunny days a year, and we’re a short drive away from Miami and West Palm Beach - right in the heart of Florida’s Gold Coast. We have a burgeoning art scene, great local performance venues, and a handful o