Kennel Assistant | Full-Time | Needham, MA
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Needham, MA
Seeking an independent, compassionate Kennel Assistant to join our team!
This position comes with a sign-on bonus!
Why Highland Animal Hospital in Needham Heights, MA?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, cold laser therapy, and ultrasound. We also offer exotic animal care.
Our Staff Wants You to Know
"The best part about working here is the collaborative nature and generally great attitudes of the rest of the staff, a receptive and compliant clientele, the freedom to practice medicine without micromanagement."
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, be a team player and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients. We are looking for someone who would love to build their veterinary career with us! This position comes with ample opportunity to explore other roles within the hospital and reach your career goals; we even partner with an online college to provide free vet tech schooling to interested teammates!
This position starts at $20 per hour with room for growth, and comes with a sign-on bonus!
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Walking dogs and picking up after them
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- Bathing animals as needed and before going home
- General housekeeping of animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. For full-time employees these include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits