Licensed Veterinary Technician | Bonus Offered! | Henrietta, NY
Technicians | Henrietta, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate, and Licensed Technician to join our team!
This role comes with a generous bonus and competitive salary!
Custom bonus package included! Have you dreamed of going on an African vet safari trip? Are you thinking about taking a vacation? Do you want to take additional college courses? Dreaming of a pelaton or a new mountain bike? Ask about our custom bonus program when you join our team!
Why Ark Veterinary Hospital & Urgent Care in Henrietta, NY?
Ark Animal Hospital and Urgent Care and has been serving the Henrietta community since March 2018. We care about the community we service and appreciate our team! Located just outside of Rochester, they are equipped with: digital radiography and dental x-ray, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, Tono-pen, blood pressure and multifunction monitors, and upgraded surgery equipment. They offer a variety of services, including: urgent care, exotics, rescue medicine and more. You will be able to structure your hours and cases to best fit your professional interests and establish a healthy work/life balance. We have a beautiful facility with a wonderful variety of unique opportunities such as working with exotics - ferrets, pocket pets, hedgehogs, avian, reptiles, and amphibians!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $22/hr-$25/hr
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Why Henrietta? Whether you were born and raised in Rochester or are looking to put down roots in a beautiful area, Henrietta is a great place to live and work. We have a great restaurant scene and our local schools have great ratings, and we have several well-known festivals every year along with a great Broadway scene. Rochester feels like a small town with all the benefits of the city!