Veterinary Receptionist | Part Time/Full Time Optional | Tenafly, NJ
Reception | Tenafly, NJ
Seeking an independent, compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Tenafly Veterinary Center in Tenafly, NJ?
At Tenafly Veterinary Center, you can expect state of the art medical care for your pet. We believe in nurturing the human-pet bond and creating a harmonious relationship between people and pets. You can expect to be greeted by a courteous receptionist, clean exam rooms, friendly doctors, and caring technicians. We appreciate the role we get to play in your pets’ health care.
Our team wants you to know...
Everyone is considered a leader and an integral member of the health care delivery team. Every day at Tenafly Veterinary Center, it is our friendly team’s responsibility to help make your veterinary experience a positive one to ensure that both you and your pet are at ease. In addition to mandatory veterinary knowledge and training, our team is selected for kindness, compassion, patience, professionalism, integrity, and agility.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients.
Roughly 20-30 hours per week, with the option to increase to full-time if desired.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians