Veterinary Technician | Sign-on Bonus! | White Oak, PA
Technicians | White Oak, PA
White Oak Veterinary Clinic is hiring an independent, compassionate Veterinary Technician!
This position comes with a top tier sign-on bonus!
Why White Oak Veterinary Clinic in White Oak, PA?
White Oak Veterinary Clinic is proud to serve White Oak and surrounding communities for over 40 years! We are a multi-doctor practice offering a wide range of wellness, medical & surgical services to meet all our patients' needs. Our team strives to provide the most comfortable environment and the best standard of care for our patients and their families. Our facility has a dedicated surgical suite, digital radiology, ultrasound, in-house laboratory equipment, Cornerstone practice management software & more!
Who are we looking for?
Our hospital is seeking a Full-Time Veterinary Technician to help provide outstanding patient care and client service in a fast-paced environment.
Our team wants you to know...
“The best part about my job is I get to take care of animals and help people understand the medical aspect of their pet’s care. Animals have always been my passion and I feel like I’m really making a difference.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use our veterinary software, for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy
- Reliably place IV catheters
- Reliably obtain cephalic, lateral/medial saphenous and jugular blood draws
- Be able to obtain laboratory sample collection, process, and interpret results:
- Fecal/parasite analysis, ear/skin slides (for mites, bacteria & yeast), urine cytology’s & blood smears
- Perform diagnostic imaging and be able to measure and expose full body radiographs
- Accurately calculate anesthetic drug dose volumes when given dosage or medications
- Be comfortable with anesthetic monitoring
- Be comfortable with intubation
- Be comfortable with doppler blood pressure measurement
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies with dental radiographs and dental cleanings
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Great pet benefits