Licensed Veterinary Technician | Full-Time or Part-Time | No Weekends!
Technicians | Locust Grove, VA
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Lakewood Animal Hospital in Locust Grove, VA?
At Lakewood Animal Hospital, our mission is to enhance the human-animal bond by providing compassionate, state-of-the-art medical, surgical and dental care to our patients. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets, early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages, and medical and surgical care as necessary during their lifetime.
As a new team member, you will be met with a team that works together, supports each other, and loves our patients! We celebrate our successes—both personal and professional—and support each other on tough days. This support means that our hospital is ready to welcome you with open arms or provide support and mentorship to a new graduate.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, be capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, can work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
Our hospital is open Monday through Friday 8 am-6 pm, no Saturday or Sunday hours. This position is available for full-time candidates working 3½-4 days at 35-40 hours per week. We would also consider part-time candidates working 2-3 days at 20-30 hours per week. We require staff members to begin at a minimum of 30 hours per week for the first 6-8 weeks for training purposes and smooth integration.
We are seeking a licensed veterinary technician with at least 1-2 years of experience in a small animal veterinary clinic. New licensed technicians welcome!
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use Avimark, our veterinary software, for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy
- Reliably place IV catheters
- Reliably obtain cephalic, lateral/medial saphenous and jugular blood draws
- Be able to obtain laboratory sample collection, process, and interpret results:
- Fecal/parasite analysis, ear/skin slides (for mites, bacteria & yeast), urine cytology’s & blood smears
- Perform diagnostic imaging and be able to measure and expose full body radiographs
- Accurately calculate anesthetic drug dose volumes when given dosage or medications
- Be comfortable with anesthetic monitoring with ECG, pulse oxygen, and preferably ETCO2
- Be comfortable with intubation
- Be comfortable with doppler blood pressure measurement
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies with dental radiographs and dental cleanings
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Great pet benefits