Kennel Assistant | Full Time | Hixson, TN
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Hixson, TN
Seeking an independent, compassionate Kennel Assistant to join our team!
This position comes with a top-tier sign-on bonus!
Why Northgate Animal Hospital in Hixson, TN?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment!
About Our Hospital:
Northgate Animal Hospital in Hixson, TN is a 4-doctor, AAHA-accredited practice that has been providing cutting edge veterinary care in Chattanooga for over three decades. We are committed to our clients and their pets! At Northgate Animal Hospital, we offer complete pet health care services to make sure your pets stay happy and healthy including physical examination, veterinary X-ray facilities, dental treatment, laser surgery procedures and diagnostic analysis. Whether you have a new puppy or kitten, or your companion is a senior pet, Northgate Animal Hospital will provide you with the latest cutting edge technologies in veterinary treatment for your pets.
- Animal experience preferred
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Walking dogs and picking up after them
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- Bathing animals as needed and before going home
- General housekeeping of animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals
- Often requires lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs and walking/standing for long periods of time
- Pay from $11.00-$13.00/hour
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits