Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time| Boca Raton, FL
Assistants | Boca Raton, FL
Seeking an independent, compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
Why Calusa Veterinary Center in Boca Raton, FL?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, endoscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, cold laser therapy, underwater treadmill, and ultrasound. We also offer hyperbaric oxygen therapy, acupuncture, rehabilitation, and pain management. We are a full-service, AAHA accredited 24 hour GP and ER small animal practice with 10 doctors and a large staff serving our clients in the Boca Raton, FL area for the past 20+ years. Our 10,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility is unlike any other in the area. We blend modern medicine with time-tested practices to provide the highest quality care.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Great pet benefits