Veterinary Receptionist | Full Time | Florence/Hebron, KY
Reception | Florence, KY
Seeking a compassionate and independent Veterinary Receptionist to join our team!
Why Pet Wellness Group in Florence and Hebron, KY?
Our Pet Wellness family understands that the strongest relationships, with both pets and people, are built on trust. We provide top-quality medicine and surgery in a state-of-the-art facility for dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, and rodents. We are focused on making sure our doctor team has the equipment and training to provide the highest level of care.
As a new team member, you will be met with the cutest patients and a team that treats each other like family. We celebrate our success—both personal and professional—and support each other on tough days. This support means that our hospital is ready to welcome you with open arms or provide support and mentorship to a new graduate.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, be capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits