Lead Veterinary Technician | Full-Time| Rye, NY
Technicians | Rye, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Lead Technician to join our team!
Why Rye Harrison Veterinary Hospital in Rye, NY?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital has a laser surgical unit, diagnostic ultrasound machine, digital X-ray units, for both standard as well as dental radiographs, endoscopic equipment, and high tech monitors for all anesthetic procedures.
We're a family!
We’ve done a 5k Mud Run and Escape the Room together, but some of our favorite moments are the simplest ones.
“My favorite thing that we’ve done together is dinner outings. Although it sounds boring to just have dinner, you can never share too many funny stories with your co-workers whether it be about work or home. We are a family that has fun at the dinner table!”
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. Dental experience is a must; experience with exotics is a plus! Lead responsibilities include training and supervising other medical team staff, scheduling technicians and assistants, collaborating with medical directors and practice manager to improve hospital policies and procedures, assisting with interviewing and hiring process for new assistants and technicians, etc
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits