Director of IT Project Manager Office
VPP Staff | King of Prussia, PA
Role: Director of IT Project Manager Office
Hours: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, Flexible Schedule
Travel: Up to 15%
Reporting to: Chief Information Officer
Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP) is a management company that forms joint ventures with Veterinarians to co-own and run their veterinary practices. Once the joint venture is formed, VPP provides support and leadership for marketing, financial, operations, IT and human resources functions while veterinarians lead the clinical and client services functions. VPP currently has over 100 partner hospitals with 2,200 employees and continuing to grow. VPP is a dynamic, profitable growth company with strong financial backing from a Boston based private equity firm.
As the Director of IT Project Manager Office, this employee will manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that all deadlines are met. The employee will also take the lead on projects, delegating tasks, and managing the productivity of their team. The Director of IT PMO will be responsible for assigning tasks to the appropriate team members, tracking on their progress, and ensuring each project is completed on time and to the highest standard.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget.
- Organize and plan project tasks and schedules in the IT organization.
- Manage tasks in accordance with Project Management Institute (PMI) standards and those of the company.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and key project participants.
- Stay aware of company goals and strategies to ensure projects align with business priorities.
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration across departments to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Delegate work to team members based on skills and expertise.
- Optimize project deliverables, schedule, and budgeting.
- Work with proposal teams to develop cost estimates and project plans.
- Create presentations and reports to communicate project status including rolled up Portfolio of projects.
- Keep the project team focused on the end goal.
- A bachelor’s degree in project management, computer science, informational technology, or related fields may be recommended.
- PMI or PMP certified.
- Demonstrable problem-solving project management experience and skills.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as DACI and best practices.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, O365, Smartsheet
- Proficiency in project management tools and software, including Trello, Asana, Pivotal Tracker, and Basecamp.
- Experience with cloud-based hosting platforms and version control tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time. The employee needs to occasionally move about home office to access office machinery, stationary tools, etc.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Hearing and visual acuity are also required.
- The employee will constantly be operating a computer and other office productivity.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 10lbs by themselves.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
- This job description describes the ideal candidate for this position and in no way implies any limits to a person’s desire to apply. To meet the needs of the company, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Any duties are subject to change at any time.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.