Veterinary Technician | Signing Bonus! | Baxter, MN
Technicians | Baxter, MN
Seeking an independent, compassionate, and Licensed Technician to join our team!
This position comes with a top-tier sign on bonus!
Why Lakeland Veterinary Hospital in Baxter, MN?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. We provide the highest level of veterinary care and pride ourselves on our client communication and the care and compassion of each member of our team.
Looking to relocate?
Baxter, MN is a beautiful and great place for outdoor lovers! This includes access to 100s of Minnesota's lakes, skiing, hiking, mountain biking, boating, fishing, and more!
Our team wants you to know...
"We are always working together to provide great care, but also to maintain a fun work environment. Our team gets along so well, which makes even the hardest of days a bit less stressful."
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must hold an active veterinary technician license or recently passed VTNE, strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
Four 9-hour shifts, 7:30a-5:00p Monday through Friday with one full week-day off per week.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies and x-rays
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $17-$19/hr and signing bonus!
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education provided for licensed technicians. CE at a large veterinary confidence provided.
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Generous pet benefits
- Flexible, family-oriented schedule with 4 day work week