Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Morris, IL
Technicians | Morris, IL
Seeking an independent, compassionate, and experienced Technician to join our team!
Why Pine Bluff Animal Hospital in Morris, IL?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, endoscopy, laparoscopy, cold therapy laser, and therapeutic laser. We also offer TPLO/TTA surgery, orthopedics, laparoscopic-assisted gastropexy, and fracture repair.
Our team wants you to know...
“Work keeps me busy and engaged, and that makes me happy. Also the support and caring from our team makes it easy to want to work here and come to work every day. When your boss / management treats you well and truly cares, it motivates you to want to be there and do your best.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 2+ years of recent vet tech experience, a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
We're proud to call this town "home." Offering the small town charm of a Norman Rockwell painting, our downtown offers a variety of shopping, dining and recreational activities. With a variety of festivals and markets, we are a gathering place throughout the year.
Looking for a bit more hustle and bustle? Chicago is just a short day-trip away and has everything a big city can offer!