Veterinary Assistant | Part-Time | Brand-New Facility!
Assistants | New York, NY
Seeking an independent and compassionate Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Why Pure Paws Veterinary Care in New York, NY?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospitals are equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, and in-house labs. This position will be located in our brand new, state of the art clinic in Hudson Square, for which this role will be an integral part! In addition to the excitement of opening a brand new facility, there is plenty of opportunity for growth and career development!
Our team wants you to know...
“We are always laughing and finding ways to have fun, even on the most stressful days.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of recent veterinary assistant experience, professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients. Experience as a medical receptionist or with medical terminology is a plus!
Schedule: This is a part-time need during Monday - Friday 8 - 6 pm and Saturday 9 - 3 pm. Must be able to work at least 2 - 3 10 hours days and on weekends.
Salary: The pay rate for this position is $20-23/hr depending on experience.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Guardian voluntary benefits