Veterinary Client Service Rep | Part-Time | Manhattan
Reception | Manhattan, NY
Seeking an independent and compassionate Client Services Representative to join our team!
Why Pure Paws Veterinary Care in New York, NY?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospitals are equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, and in-house labs. This position will be located in our brand new, state of the art clinic in Hudson Square, for which this role will be an integral part! In addition to the excitement of opening a brand new facility, there is plenty of opportunity for growth and career development!
Our team wants you to know...
“We are always laughing and finding ways to have fun, even on the most stressful days.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of recent veterinary clinic experience, professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients. Experience as a medical receptionist or with medical terminology is a plus!
Schedule: The general schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm, Saturdays 8- 1 pm. To provide the best service possible to our patients and pet parents, we need weekend and holiday availability.
Salary: The pay rate for this position is $20-23/hr depending on experience.
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Guardian voluntary benefits