Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Madison, WI
Technicians | Madison, WI
Truesdell Animal Care Hospital is looking for a Certified Veterinary Technician. We are a high quality, growing clinic and are looking to add to our exceptional team!
Why Truesdell Animal Care Hospital in Madison, WI?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to wellness, diagnostic, dental, and surgical services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound, in house laboratory, and nicely equipped dental and surgical suites. We also offer exotic animal care!
Who We’re Looking For:
Our staff takes pride in offering life-long loving care to pets on the east side of Madison and beyond with an outstanding reputation. We’re looking for a selfless team player, someone with a “can-do” attitude, capable of exhibiting compassionate candor, and above all someone dedicated to pets and people. Most importantly, we’re looking for applicants that are team players who enjoy working as part of a fun team in a high energy environment.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
This position is full time at 35-40 hours. Hours will take place Monday through Friday with rotating Saturdays.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
- Hold an active license or certification as a veterinary technician
- Be able to multi-task
- Communicate effectively with clients and co-workers
- Restrain animals
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- Be detail-oriented
- Have a positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Demonstrate proficiency in computers
- Possess great telephone skills
- Have prior veterinary clinic experience
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $20-$22/hr based on experience and skillset
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Employee pet discount