Veterinary Assistant | Part-Time | Madison, WI
Assistants | Madison, WI
Seeking an independent and compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
Why Truesdell Animal Care Hospital in Madison, WI?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to wellness, diagnostic, dental, and surgical services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound, in house laboratory, and nicely equipped dental and surgical suites. We also offer exotic animal care.
Our team wants you to know...
“We are not a cookie cutter clinic. We go out of our way to present all options from the gold standard to the “let’s try this and see” approach. We try our hardest to stay within an owner’s budget while practicing the best medicine we can. We also want the owner to be part of the decision making process to do what’s best for the pet.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $16-$20/hr
- 401(k) plan