Licensed Veterinary Technician| Full-Time| Arlington, VA
Technicians | Arlington, VA
Caring Hands Animal Hospital of Clarendon is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic Licensed Vet Technician to join our team!
We are seeking career-oriented individuals who are committed to the profession, value compassionate care and teamwork, and will put forth the extra effort needed to achieve the high-quality service our clients expect.
Why Caring Hands Animal Hospital of Clarendon in Arlington, VA?
Caring Hands Animal Hospitals are large, well-equipped, AAHA-accredited facilities. We offer convenient hours six days a week and have an open-door policy to provide excellent service to our clients. Our full-service hospitals offer state of the art care for our patients including computerized patient records, digital radiography, and in-house laboratory.
The primary role of all Caring Hands Animal Hospital employees is to ensure that our clients and patients experience top-notch customer service and patient care. The Licensed Technician’s responsibilities include:
- Data entry via Electronic Medical Record system
- Medical care of animals including restraint, radiographs, lab work, etc.
- Assist in medical, surgical and dental procedures.
- Properly care for all surgical materials; maintain hospital equipment and inventory. Prepare and maintain the surgery room, ICU area, exam rooms and treatment areas.
- Possess a wide range of technical and laboratory skills; demonstrates proper radiograph technique following safety protocols; places IV catheters and properly cares for them; prepares patients and the machine for an ultrasound procedure;
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner.
- Client Education
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility.
- Uphold positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits