Veterinary Receptionist | Part-Time| Summerville, SC
Reception | Summerville, SC
Seeking an independent, compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Sangaree at Cane Bay in Summerville, SC?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, and in-house labs.
Our team wants you to know...
“One thing that will make or break a hospital is how well a team works together. Here at Sangaree Animal Hospital, we are family and we understand how each individual person thinks, which makes it easier for us to work together.”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
The Client Service position has an integral role at Sangaree Animal Hospital as the interaction between the front desk, and the client, begins and ends at the front desk. It is our commitment to create a hospital environment that exceeds the clients expectations while providing a trusting and safe environment, focused care, acknowledge the value of our customers, transparency, and providing the best and appropriate medical care at all times.
- Medical records management in our veterinary practice management software;
- Client communication by telephone or email;
- Cash processing;
- Collecting and processing payments that include credit card, checks, cash, debit cards and Care Credit;
- Scheduling appointments based on the chief complaint;
- Check clients in (greeting clients when they arrive);
- Completing the discharge process by transferring the patient visit list and closing out invoices;
- Ensure financial obligations are met by the owner;
- Perform over the counter selling of merchandise and products;
- Collect lab specimens from clients when they drop them off;
- Update clients records and ensuring the accuracy of their demographic information;
- Restocking product;
- Perform client reminder calls;
- Perform priority reminder calls;
- Manage the pet desk application for scheduled appointments or medication refills;
- Monitor the records email account;
- Scanning and attaching medical records;
- Initial assessment of the pet that includes weight and reason for the visit;
- Return messages left on voicemail;
- Communicate client request to Veterinarians and Technicians;
- Follow established hospital policies and procedures;
- Refill flea and heartworm medication of the pet meets the criteria for refills by the DVM;
- Ensures that the reception area of the hospital is orderly, clean and free from hazards;
- Assist with end of the day cleaning schedules;
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge:
Strong communication skills;
Ability to multi-task in a busy environment;
- Basic medical terminology;
- Considerable tact and diplomacy skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Basic computer knowledge;
- Reliable attendance;
- Situational Awareness to your surroundings and customer needs;
- Perform general physical activities that require bending, standing stooping, moving from rooms to room, sit, talk, listen, may require standing for long periods of time, will use your hands to manipulate, handle or feel; will reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must be able to occasionally/frequently lift and or move up to 30 pounds;
- Maintain a fast pace
Monday & Wednesday 8am-5:45pm, Saturday 8am-2pm
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) plan
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
A vibrant, growing town, Summerville offers a variety of amenities to keep you entertained all year long. From the history of downtown Charleston to the paradise of Folly Beach, there’s a little bit of something for land and sea lovers a-like. And don’t forget the BBQ; Swig & Swine is a staff favorite!
Call us biased, but we don’t know why you would want to live anywhere else!