Experienced Veterinary Technician| Full-Time| Arvada, CO
Technicians | Arvada, CO
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Indian Tree Animal Hospital in Arvada, CO?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. We provide the highest level of veterinary care and pride ourselves on our client communication and the care and compassion of each member of our team. Our eight-doctor practice has the right balance of activity and structure to keep experienced technicians engaged without the burnout of emergency or on-call work.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, be capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. RVTs or those on track to become an RVT by 2024 preferred!
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software (Avimark) for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental procedures
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $24.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental, Health, and Vision insurance
- Continuing Education allowance for licensed technicians
- Paid Time-off Accrual and Flex Time
- Fantastic Pet Care Discounts
- 8-10 hour shifts
- Reliable and consistent scheduling with no Overnights
- Alternating weekend availability required
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Arvada, CO 80003: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person