Veterinary Receptionist | Full-Time | Great Hours! | Pound Ridge, NY
Reception | Pound Ridge, NY
Seeking an experienced, independent, compassionate Receptionist to join our team!
Why Pound Ridge Veterinary Center in Pound Ridge, NY?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, and ultrasound.
Our team wants you to know...
"We are very compassionate, our hospital goes above and beyond, whether it is going to the car to give a dog its biweekly injection (since she is so nervous to come inside), or scheduling house calls so pets can stay comfortable. We truly care about our patients happiness!"
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients. This is a high call volume position with a lot of client contact; must be very comfortable with customer service.
This position requires a knowledge of veterinary medical terminology, using and understanding industry shorthand, and a general knowledge of medications and their uses, as well as a knowledge of common medical situations that require emergency or priority care. Understand and discuss PRVC vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology, pet behavior, as well as end of life care, using hospital protocol which may differ from personal experience or opinion. This position requires an exceptional level of attention to detail, and a willingness to ask questions rather than make assumptions
Pay Rate and Schedule:
The pay range for this position is $19-23/hr for someone with the right veterinary experience. We are open 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, and 8am to 12pm on Saturdays. No nights and no Sundays!
- Answering multiple phone lines
- Receiving/responding to client emails and texts
- Delivering consistent quality customer service to our clients despite competing priorities
- Use of industry-specific software; applicants should have the skill necessary to navigate software programs comfortably in conjunction with standard office equipment such as copiers, scanners, printers, and online support tool (email, PetDesk)
- Continual maintenance of multiple doctors' appointment and surgery schedules, and discerning the type of appointment needed based on the symptoms reported by the owner, ensuring to prioritize situations that require immediate attention, and those that can wait
- Monitoring incoming lab reports, and distributing them to the appropriate doctor
- Communicating to doctors through the software message center, ensuring all communications get to the correct doctor accurately, and in a timely manner
- Support doctor’s time management and productivity by ensuring client phone calls are triaged properly
- Manage client insurance claims in a timely manner
- Checking clients in using the current Covid-19 protocol, collecting payment methods in advance to streamline timing, and ensure invoice completion
- Process medication refill requests made by phone and online
- Ordering prescription food weekly.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Looking to relocate?
Pound Ridge as a beautiful, historic, small-town bordering Stamford, CT and Bedford, NY. Our team recommends heading over