Licensed Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Marcellus, NY
Technicians | Marcellus, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Licensed Vet Tech to join our team!
Have you ever found the perfect practice on paper but felt the culture wasn't a good fit for you? At our facility, we’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and compassionate care while enjoying the quirks of fellow co-workers. We pride ourselves on having established a balance between professionalism and personality.
Our team wants you to know...
We are always laughing and finding ways to have fun, even on the most stressful days.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, be capable of communicating effectively, be able to multitask efficiently in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
Salary: The pay rate for this position is $ 18-20/hr, depending on experience.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental x-rays and prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
No weekend, on-call or after hour requirements. We also allow for 5 8-hour shifts, or 4 10-hour shifts based on what works best for the candidate.
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits