Veterinary Regional Manager - Remote (will travel between NYC veterinary hospitals weekly)
VPP Staff | New York, NY
What you'll be doing:
The Regional Manager will have multiple direct reports—mostly practice managers at VPP partner hospitals—and will report directly to the Regional Director. The ideal candidate will work remotely but need to be located in New York City, as they will travel between hospitals weekly.
Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP) co-owns veterinary clinics with veterinarians, providing business and management support to help them run the business efficiently. Once a partnership is formed, VPP provides support and leadership for marketing, financial, operations and human resources functions while the veterinarian leads the clinical and client services functions.
Why we need you:
As part of our Operations team, our Regional Managers are the front line of support for the local partners, practice managers, and team at each of our hospitals. You’ll play an integral role in assisting each hospital team to grow revenues, provide excellent client experience, and deliver high standards of care.
The most successful candidates will have a solid track record of multi-unit management and experience in veterinary or human healthcare. Plus, you’re an expert at wearing a lot of hats, have success in managing a variety of teams and individuals, and love dogs, cats, and the occasional exotic— if this describes you, let’s chat!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibilities include day-to-day operations with a major focus on strong personnel management responsibilities including hiring, training and development.
- Tracking key business metrics at the assigned hospitals and coaching practice managers on how to improve business performance
- Optimizing the utilization of technology within each practice
- Implementing best practices at the hospitals with a focus on safety, workflow efficiency, and a high-quality customer experience
- Working collaboratively with the broader Operations team as well as the Finance, HR, Marketing, and IT teams to implement various initiatives at the hospitals
- Conducting monthly and quarterly hospital performance reviews with a clinic’s medical director and practice manager to create a culture of accountability
- A strong commitment to the client experience is imperative to be successful in this position. Other valuable traits include strong initiative, understanding the balance needed between business and staff needs, and leading by example.
The right candidate will have experience with and be excited about:
- Managing facility needs, including the physical location and equipment.
- Supporting the hospital staff, including recruiting, coaching, development, and accountability. We’re looking for someone who can build high-performing teams!
- Leadership development, training, and building long-term relationships.
- Driving result for both the top and bottom line.
What you need to be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an hospital management role with oversight over multiple locations.
- Veterinary or animal healthcare experience a plus, not necessary. Without animal healthcare, must have experience managing multi-site locations in a retail, healthcare or restaurant management (to name a few) type environment. Single-site veterinary clinic management would be considered.
- Experience working with doctors a plus.
- Must have ability to juggle multiple priorities, with a service-oriented approach to supporting multiple animal hospitals. High sense of urgency is required in this fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to understand financial and operating metrics and performance based on those metrics
What's in it for the right candidate:
- Competitive salary of $115,000 to $135,000 and benefits, including medical and 401(k) plan with a company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Growth opportunities
- A fun, casual environment that values independent thought and an ownership approach to working
- Ability to make a significant impact on the growth of the company in a newly created role