Veterinary Assistant | Full-Time | East Hampton, NY
Assistants | East Hampton, NY
Seeking an independent and compassionate Vet Assistant to join our team!
Why East Hampton Veterinary Center in East Hampton, NY?
In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, and echocardiogram. We also offer TPLO/TTA, acupuncture, and ocular tonometry. We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have at least 1+ years of recent veterinary assistant experience, strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $17-$18.50/hr based on experience and skill set.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits