Boarding and Kennel Assistant | Part-Time | Baxter, MN
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Baxter, MN
Seeking an independent and compassionate Kennel Assistant to join our team!
Why Lakeland Veterinary Hospital in Baxter, MN?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. We provide the highest level of veterinary care and pride ourselves on our client communication and the care and compassion of each member of our team.
Our team wants you to know...
"We are always working together to provide great care, but also to maintain a fun work environment. Our team gets along so well, which makes even the hardest of days a bit less stressful."
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, be a team player and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients. Prefer applicants to have veterinary experience, but will consider the desire to learn from the right individual.
This position is part-time 3 to 4 days per week and alternating holidays. Hours are Monday through Friday 7am-8pm, Saturdays and Sundays from 7am-1pm and 4pm-8pm.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Walking dogs and picking up after them
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- Bathing animals as needed and before going home
- General housekeeping of animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance