Veterinary Technician | Full Time | Fairview Heights, IL
Technicians | Fairview Heights, IL
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Fairview Heights Animal Clinic and The Animal Hospital of O'Fallon?
At Fairview Heights Animal Clinic and The Animal Hospital of O’Fallon, you can always expect professional, compassionate service and state-of-the-art medical equipment and diagnostic procedures. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical and surgical care to our patients and the best possible service to our clients. In addition to our veterinary services, we also offer emergency services, pet boarding and grooming. We are a busy group of practices and are excited to add new team members, with aspirations for professional growth and development!
Why O'Fallon, Illinois?
A vibrant up-and-coming suburb of St. Louis, O'Fallon has lots of parks, a good school system, and shopping and is just 18 miles from downtown St. Louis!
Our team wants you to know...
Staff education is very important to us; we always encourage our team to engage in continuing education opportunities to learn and grow their skills. This makes us better doctors, techs, and staff and improves our abilities to provide the best care to our patients.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, be capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. Need to be available for evenings and weekends (on a rotation).
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use Impromed, our veterinary software, for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy
- Reliably place IV catheters
- Reliably obtain cephalic, lateral/medial saphenous and jugular blood draws
- Be able to obtain laboratory sample collection, process, and interpret results:
- Fecal/parasite analysis, ear/skin slides (for mites, bacteria & yeast), urine cytology’s & blood smears
- Perform diagnostic imaging and be able to measure and expose full-body radiographs
- Accurately calculate anesthetic drug dose volumes when given dosage or medications
- Be comfortable with anesthetic monitoring with ECG, and pulse oxygen,
- Be comfortable with intubation
- Be comfortable with doppler blood pressure measurement
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophylaxis with dental radiographs and dental cleanings
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits