Veterinary Technician | Full Time | Needham Heights, MA
Technicians | Needham Heights, MA
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
This position comes with a top-tier sign-on bonus!
Why Highland Animal Hospital in Needham Heights, MA?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, cold laser therapy, and ultrasound. We also offer exotic animal care.
Our Staff Wants You to Know
"The best part about working here is the collaborative nature and generally great attitudes of the rest of the staff, a receptive and compliant clientele, the freedom to practice medicine without micromanagement."
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits