Veterinary Assistant | FT or PT | Hixson, TN | No Weekends!
Assistants | Hixson, TN
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Why Northgate Animal Hospital in Hixson, TN?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment!
About Our Hospital:
Northgate Animal Hospital in Hixson, TN is a 4-doctor, AAHA-accredited practice that has been providing cutting edge veterinary care in Chattanooga for over three decades. We are committed to our clients and their pets! At Northgate Animal Hospital, we offer complete pet health care services to make sure your pets stay happy and healthy including physical examination, veterinary X-ray facilities, dental treatment, laser surgery procedures and diagnostic analysis. Whether you have a new puppy or kitten, or your companion is a senior pet, Northgate Animal Hospital will provide you with the latest cutting edge technologies in veterinary treatment for your pets.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Pay from $11.00-$15.00/hour
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians.
- Handling and restraining pets for exams and procedures.
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Responsible for cleaning/maintenance of hospital.
- Care of hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Fecal parasite sample collection and preparation
- Preparation of a prescription drug, other than a controlled substance, for dispensing
- Surgical assistance to a licensed veterinarian
- Weekends off
- Must have 1+ years in a similar role
- Pay from $11.00-$15.00/hour
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Weekends off