Veterinary Technician | Full Time or Part Time | Hixson, TN
Technicians | Hixson, TN
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Why Northgate Animal Hospital in Hixson, TN?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment!
This position comes with a compensation of $14-$16/hour based on experience.
About Our Hospital:
Northgate Animal Hospital in Hixson, TN is a 4-doctor, AAHA-accredited practice that has been providing cutting edge veterinary care in Chattanooga for over three decades. We are committed to our clients and their pets! At Northgate Animal Hospital, we offer complete pet health care services to make sure your pets stay happy and healthy including physical examination, veterinary X-ray facilities, dental treatment, laser surgery procedures and diagnostic analysis. Whether you have a new puppy or kitten, or your companion is a senior pet, Northgate Animal Hospital will provide you with the latest cutting edge technologies in veterinary treatment for your pets.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
- Weekends off!
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits