Veterinary Surgical Assistant | Full-Time | Hopewell Junction, NY
Assistants | Hopewell Junction, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinary Surgical Assistant to join our team!
About our Hospital:
Hudson Highlands Veterinary Medical Group enjoys a 50-year legacy of service to our community and the surrounding areas. We continue to strive to honor a legacy of compassion, integrity, respect and selflessness towards each other, clients, patients, colleagues, and community. Our modern, 11,000 square foot main facility houses an onsite CT scan, ultrasound suite, dental suite, endoscopy, underwater treadmill, separate specialty and general practice surgery suites, multiple patient wards including separate cat ward, ICU, doctor offices, radiology suite, spacious treatment room and a large, welcoming reception area. We have a class IV laser unit and a digital thermal imaging unit. Our second facility in nearby Beacon is utilized for outpatient care and boarding. In addition to our team of 7 general practitioners and skilled support staff, we offer specialists in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Cardiology and Exotics.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, a positive personality, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill-set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients. The work in this position can be repetitive and requires significant attention to detail; the specifics of this position are critical. Surgery days require the ability to stand for a full shift.
- Assisting Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians as needed on surgery days and consultation days
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments
- Pack and autoclave instruments
- Ensure that packs contain the proper number and type of instruments and that they are accurately labeled
- Clean operating rooms after use
- Clean surgical prep and recovery areas
- Wash, sterilize, and store surgical equipment
- Dispose of used needles and other sharp objects as set forth by the practice's policy and OSHA standards
- Hold/restrain patients for blood draws and EKG pre-op workups
- Clean and prepare exam rooms for patients
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life.