Veterinary Technician| Full-Time| Boca Raton, FL
Technicians | Boca Raton, FL
Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Calusa Veterinary Center in Boca Raton, FL?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctors and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, endoscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, cold laser therapy, underwater treadmill, and ultrasound. We also offer hyperbaric oxygen therapy, acupuncture, rehabilitation, and pain management. We are a full-service, AAHA accredited 24 hour GP and ER small animal practice with 10 doctors and a large staff serving our clients in the Boca Raton, FL area for the past 20+ years. Our 10,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility is unlike any other in the area. We blend modern medicine with time-tested practices to provide the highest quality care.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Great pet benefits