Veterinary Technician | Full or Part-Time | Southampton, NY
Technicians | Southampton, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate, and Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Why Olde Towne Animal Hospital in Southampton, NY?
Located in Southampton, NY, our hospital is a full service AAHA accredited small animal veterinary medical facility. We offer compassionate, high quality veterinary care to our clients' pets. Our state of the art facility possesses some of the most modern in-house diagnostic and surgical equipment.
Our team wants you to know...
Everything we do, we do with genuine compassion for pets and pet owners, and with pride in the quality of veterinary medicine we offer within our neighborhood. Olde Towne Animal Hospital is an AAHA-accredited hospital, which demonstrates our commitment to meeting the highest standards in veterinary medicine. Our veterinarians, technicians, receptionists, and every other staff member in between are highly personable and devoted to caring for the needs of your pet, day in and day out.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have an active veterinary technician license, new grads encouraged to apply, professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients. Experience as a medical receptionist or with medical terminology is a plus!
We have full or part time available! Schedule is a mix of various week day shifts with rotating weekends required.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life.
- Competitive salary: $20-$25/hr based on experience and skillset.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits