Senior Associate, Data & Analytics
VPP Staff | Boston, MA
Veterinary Practice Partners LLC (VPP) forms partnerships with veterinarians to own and manage veterinary hospitals, offering a unique model that allows veterinarians to stay in the driver’s seat of their profession. Once a partnership is formed, the Company provides support and leadership for the marketing, financial, operations and human resources functions, while the veterinarian leads the clinical and client services functions. The Company was founded in 2011, has grown to more than 130 partner hospitals and over 2,200 employees across 26 states. VPP expects to accelerate growth in 2023 and beyond. The Company has partnered with a top-tier private equity firm to support this growth.
Veterinary Practice Partners’ (“VPP”) Data & Analytics team brings quantitative, analytical support to decision-making for our fast-growing business. Members serve as partners to business leaders in linking strategic, operational, and financial planning to execution. As a key member of the Data & Analytics team, the Data & Analytics Senior Associate will contribute significantly to the performance of our business by driving analytics development workstreams in close partnership with senior leaders of each functional group and their teams, as well as executive management of the business. They will act as a both a thought leader and key contributor, building best-of-breed monitoring, testing, and performance exploration tools, and in turn contribute to best practices that drive value across our rapidly growing and diverse hospital ecosystem. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the continental United States.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with functional leaders to set analytical agendas that underpin discussions of strategic initiatives, owning related analytics development supporting the cross-functional workstreams.
- Apply innovative analytics methodologies to accelerate performance of every function of the business, including customer & marketing, organic revenue growth, operational cost optimization, and inorganic value creation.
- Define KPIs, measure their performance, and design the data models that support reporting them; partner with the data engineering team to scope data pipelines and define data governance processes.
- Design, build, and iteratively enhance scalable and action-oriented analytical, operational, and executive dashboards.
- Proactively recommend business opportunities and inform decisions in the process of uncovering and communicating insights on performance trends, with a deep focus on identifying root causes.
- Deliver analytics training and adoption programs; use stakeholder feedback to refine tools and processes.
- Expand best practices for designing and implementing analytics products and teach the broader analytics team how to leverage new analytical frameworks.
- Support performance reviews among functional stakeholders, reviewing hospital dashboards with new KPIs.
What you need to be considered:
- 2+ years of post-undergrad data & analytics experience.
- High energy, humble team player with “get it done” attitude, and exceptional communication skills, seeking partnership with VPP colleagues and hospital teams.
- Acumen and intellectual curiosity to learn the business and understand growth drivers.
- Ability to manage workstreams with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent data modeling and analytical skills with the ability to translate business questions into technical solutions and broaden business question-asking based on technical knowledgeability.
- Highly organized, accurate, detail-oriented, and takes pride in the quality of their work.
- Experience developing data management and analytics scripts in SQL.
- Ability to develop production-ready analytical tools in Power BI.
- Aptitude for learning cutting-edge analytical and technologies right fit for evolving business applications.
- Experience working in the veterinary services industry, or a private equity-backed services company.
- Familiarity with Databricks or similar Apache Spark-based tools.
- Comfort using collaboration tools such as GitHub or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office 365.
What's in it for the right candidate:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including medical and 401(k) plan with a company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Growth opportunities
- A fun, casual environment that values independent thought and an ownership approach to working
- Ability to make a significant impact on the growth of the company in a newly created role
- Fully remote
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP) provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any legally protected characteristic.