Medical Director | Full-Time | Henrietta, NY
Veterinary Doctors | Henrietta, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Medical Director to join our team!
Why Ark Veterinary Hospital & Urgent Care in Henrietta, NY?
Ark Animal Hospital and Urgent Care and has been serving the Henrietta community since March 2018. Located just outside of Rochester, they are equipped with: digital radiography and dental x-ray, ultrasound, therapeutic laser, Tono-pen, blood pressure and multifunction monitors, and upgraded surgery equipment. They offer a variety of services, including: urgent care, exotics, rescue medicine and more. You will be able to structure your hours and cases to best fit your professional interests and establish a healthy work/life balance.
Why Ark Veterinary Hospital & Urgent Care? We have a beautiful facility with a wonderful variety of unique opportunities such as working with exotics - ferrets, pocket pets, hedgehogs, avian, reptiles, and amphibians!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Not only do you love dogs and cats, but you are enthusiastic about surgery and have the basics (spay, neuter, dentistry, tumor removals, etc.) covered. You are focused on providing excellent client communication and are committed to delivering the best possible care to the animals of our community.
In addition to joining our team as a Veterinarian, the ideal candidate is a strong leader who is excited about leading our team, driving the growth of our hospital, and furthering our hospital's commitment to our clients and patients. The Medical Director will set and review SOP's, establish and drive the direction and medical quality of our hospital, manage our doctor team, and support the management of the office staff. The Medical Director will receive a stipend in addition to their base salary.
We are proud to offer additional growth opportunities for Associate DVMs through our partnership with Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP). VPP has over 150 veterinarian owners that co-own their individual practices across 135 locations. It is important to note that more than 50 of our partners never owned part of a veterinary clinic until VPP became a co-owner. VPP is uniquely aligned with our partner veterinarians to help them achieve their goals for their practice and their goals for their careers. VPP partnerships thrive through:
- Our complementary skill sets—VPP’s operational, marketing, and business acumen and our partners’ clinical and client expertise—to help our practices grow, while also affording our partners more time to follow their passion for medicine and service.
- Continued investment in its support team to drive growth, cost savings and enhanced benefits to its partner clinics. Our investment in marketing, analytics, operations and finance are deeper and more comprehensive than our competitors and essential in keeping our co-owners satisfied with our performance.
- A deep commitment to core values – most recently manifested in the creation of a VPP Assistance Fund, funded by employees to support employees and their families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- State Veterinary Board License must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- DVM, VMD or equivalent Doctoral Veterinary degree
- Flexible work schedule, with availability to work some weekends and holidays
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive base salary + production
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- We’ll cover your dues, license fees, and AVMA PLIT
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Why Henrietta? Whether you were born and raised in Rochester or are looking to put down roots in a beautiful area, Henrietta is a great place to live and work. We have a great restaurant scene and our local schools have great ratings, and we have several well-known festivals every year along with a great Broadway scene. Rochester feels like a small town with all the benefits of the city!