Veterinary Receptionist | Full-Time | Brooklyn, NY
Reception | Brooklyn, NY
Seeking an experienced, independent, and compassionate Client Services Representative to join our team!
Why Northside Veterinary Clinic in Brooklyn, NY?
Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, Northside Veterinary Clinic was founded in 1997 and still resides in the same location it started in! Northside is a full-service animal hospital that sees both emergency cases as well as pet patients in need of medical, surgical and dental care. Beyond our first-rate patient care, we make our hospital comfortable, kid-friendly and calm so pets can relax in the waiting room and look forward to meeting our veterinarians. We offer a wide variety of services here at Northside. In addition to routine medical, diagnostic, surgical and dental care, we also offer Chinese and Western herbal therapy, acupuncture, Shockwave Therapy, cranio-sacral therapy and cold laser therapy!
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Are you looking to be part of a compassionate team providing top-level care for patients and clients? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where the day flies by? Do you want to work somewhere that your skills are actually valued at what they're worth? We are looking for experienced vetmed professionals to join our Client Services team! Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, provide a calm demeanor and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to clients. This is a busy clinic with a stellar team, so previous experience is a must. A desire to do some hands-on work with animals is a plus, as our CSRs and Assistants are cross-trained for maximum efficiency!
- Must have 2+ years of veterinary clinic experience as a Customer Service Rep
- 45 minute commute or less from Northside Veterinary Clinic
- Associates Degree or higher
- Greet clients and their pets and complete the appointment sign in process which can include: inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirming the reason for the appointment, receiving and confirming the client's contact information, letting the medical team know the patient has arrived and escort the client to the exam room with their pet.
- Assist clients with check-out including, but not limited to: ensuring services and product sales are correctly accounted, using the practice management software system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, and setting future appointments for follow-up visits.
- Answer phone calls from clients requesting appointments, asking questions about the hospital, requesting medication refills and call into pharmacy if needed as authorized by a veterinarian.
- Make outbound phone calls to remind clients of upcoming appointments as well as reminding owners to fast their pet for surgery, set appointments for pets due for services, etc.
- Understand common vaccination protocols, basic lab tests, common diseases, veterinary terminology and pet behavior.
- Assist in cleanliness and maintenance of the hospital to ensure a great client experience.
- Assist doctors and techs with holding, restraining, stocking, and other tasks as needed
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary: $22-$27/hr based on experience and skillset.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits