[CAL] Emergency Veterinary Doctor
Veterinary Doctors | Boca Raton, FL
We are seeking an independent, compassionate Emergency Veterinarian to join our team. You must be willing to work overnight shifts (rotation with day shifts). Future partnership is a possibility and sign-on bonus available and varies based on experience!
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community.
Why Calusa Veterinary Center in Boca Raton, FL?
As an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)-accredited hospital, we adhere to the Association's rigorous standards in surgery, nursing care, anesthesiology, and diagnostic imaging, and are consistently evaluated by AAHA on over 900 different requirements to maintain our accreditation.
We are proud to be amongst the only 12-15% of animal hospitals that receive this honor by our commitment to our facility, our standard of care, and most importantly, our patients. We are a 24-hour GP and ER small animal practice with 14 doctors and a large staff serving our clients in the Boca Raton, FL area for the past 20+ years. Our 10,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility is unlike any other in the area.
In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography (standard and dental) , Full Idexx in-house labs, CO2 cutting laser, endoscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, 2 diagnostic ultrasound machines, hyperbaric oxygen chamber, complete rehab center (offering acupuncture and rehab) with heated therapy pool, K-laser therapy, underwater treadmill, and therapeutic ultrasound.
Partnership Opportunities! We are proud to offer additional growth opportunities for Associate DVMs through our partnership with Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP). VPP has more than 125 veterinarian owners that co-own their individual practices across 138 locations. It is important to note that more than 50 of our partners never owned part of a veterinary clinic until VPP became a co-owner. VPP is uniquely aligned with our partner veterinarians to help them achieve their goals for their practice and their goals for their careers. VPP partnerships thrive through:
- Our complementary skill sets—VPP’s operational, marketing, and business acumen and our partners’ clinical and client expertise—to help our practices grow, while also affording our partners more time to follow their passion for medicine and service.
- Continued investment in its support team to drive growth, cost savings and enhanced benefits to its partner clinics. Our investment in marketing, analytics, operations and finance are deeper and more comprehensive than our competitors and essential in keeping our co-owners satisfied with our performance.
- A deep commitment to core values – most recently manifested in the creation of a VPP Assistance Fund, funded by employees to support employees and their families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- State Veterinary Board License must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- DVM, VMD or equivalent degree
- Flexible work schedule, with availability to work some overnights, weekends and holidays
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive base salary + production
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- We’ll cover your dues, license fees, and AVMA PLIT
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Sign on bonus available!
Looking to relocate…why Boca Raton?
- Access to top education, schools and universities
- A blossoming foodie culture
- Great shopping for people of all interests
- It Feels Like a Small Town
- The Bahamas are Right Next Door
- Did I Mention the Beaches?
- Those Famous Gated Communities
- It’s a Center for the Arts
- And we have to mention the weather!