Seeking an independent, compassionate Veterinarian to join our team!
Why Ellicott Street Animal Hospital in Buffalo, New York?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, cold laser therapy, and EKG.
Ellicott Street was established in the 1880's and is the longest continuously operating vet clinic in Buffalo! As an AAHA accredited practice, we strive to provide your pets with the best veterinary care possible!
Our goal is to be a sustainable, community-oriented, small animal clinic helping pet owners care for their pets. We are committed to help in the revival of our surrounding neighborhood.
We’re here to help. It is important to us to educate pet owners on proper care and training, as well as to become a resource for people in the area.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Not only do you love dogs and cats, but you are enthusiastic about surgery and have the basics (spay, neuter, dentistry, tumor removals, etc.) covered. You are focused on providing excellent client communication and are committed to delivering the best possible care to the animals of our community.
We are proud to offer additional growth opportunities for Associate DVMs through our partnership with Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP). VPP has over 100 veterinarian owners that co-own their individual practices across 94 locations. It is important to note that more than 50 of our partners never owned part of a veterinary clinic until VPP became a co-owner. VPP is uniquely aligned with our partner veterinarians to help them achieve their goals for their practice and their goals for their careers. VPP partnerships thrive through:
- Our complementary skill sets—VPP’s operational, marketing, and business acumen and our partners’ clinical and client expertise—to help our practices grow, while also affording our partners more time to follow their passion for medicine and service.
- Continued investment in its support team to drive growth, cost savings and enhanced benefits to its partner clinics. Our investment in marketing, analytics, operations and finance are deeper and more comprehensive than our competitors and essential in keeping our co-owners satisfied with our performance.
- A deep commitment to core values – most recently manifested in the creation of a VPP Assistance Fund, funded by employees to support employees and their families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- State Veterinary Board License must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- Flexible work schedule, with availability to work some weekends and holidays
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive base salary + production
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- We’ll cover your dues, license fees, and AVMA PLIT
- Guardian voluntary benefits