Kennel Assistant | Part-Time | Rochester, NY
Boarding/ Kennel/ Grooming/ Maintenance/Trainer | Rochester, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Kennel Assistant to join our team!
Why Coldwater Animal Hospital in Rochester, NY?
Since 1989, we've been committed to the health and well-being of your pets and to client education. Our team stays on top of the latest advances in veterinary service through continuing education programs...and above all, are devoted to treating every dog and cat entrusted to us with loving care.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a professional work ethic, positive personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, be a team player and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients and clients.
Pay Rate: The pay range for this position is $15-16/hr.
- Monitoring the health and comfort of the animals as well as recognizing emergency situations and reporting any health concerns to appropriate personnel
- Documentation of all treatments and abnormal activity
- Walking dogs and picking up after them
- Feeding and providing fresh water to dogs and cats on schedule
- Washing dishes and bowls as well as cat litter boxes
- Washing & disinfecting kennels and cages
- Changing bedding when soiled and replace with clean bedding
- Washing, drying, & folding laundry
- Bathing animals as needed and before going home
- General housekeeping of animal housing, food prep, and laundry areas
- Administration of oral or topical medications including flea and tick medications
- Checking patients in and out for boarding. Responsible for labeling belongings and medications as well as ID collars
- Other tasks needed to ensure the health and safety of the animals
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. For full-time employees these include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
Why Rochester? Whether you were born and raised in Rochester or are looking to put down roots in a beautiful area, Rochester is a great place to live and work. We have a great restaurant scene and our local schools have great ratings, and we have several well-known festivals every year along with a great Broadway scene. Rochester feels like a small town with all the benefits of the city!