Licensed Veterinary Technician | Full-Time | Patchogue, NY
Technicians | Patchogue, NY
Seeking an independent, compassionate Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Why Paumanok Veterinary Hospital in Patchogue, NY?
We provide the highest quality veterinary care combined with ethics, compassion, and community involvement. We offer services from radiology, ultrasound, cytology, and laser therapy, to acupuncture, holistic medicine, and even pedicures!
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
This position is between 36-40 hours per week. We require availability for at least one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday). Our schedules are typically four 10-hour shifts, comprising of two or three days (approximately 8a-6p) and one or two evenings (approximately 12p-9p)
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits